Totally Outdoors can
BUILD YOUR DREAMS
Outdoor Room Melbourne
The establishment of an outdoor room is growing in popularity as Aussies love to entertain outside and Melbourne Outdoor Rooms are where things get really popular. Totally Outdoors is at the forefront of understanding modern Australian outdoor living areas.
Outdoor rooms are often open plan with some walls or screen areas to create privacy or control. The outdoor room may well be accommodating a kitchen or BBQ cooking area, outdoor dining, lounge, bar, TV, and room for other outdoor activities. Enclosed Outdoor Rooms allow for outdoor entertainment areas. Totally Outdoors is Melbournes best outdoor room builder.
What Can We Do?
The options are truly endless, and we are excited to explore your options via our home consultation service or through our display centre to garnish ideas and outcomes that best suit your needs. We have the expertise with outdoor architects on hand to design an outdoor room solution in Melbourne and the best outdoor room builders in Australia to deliver on the outdoor room design.
What Finishes Do You Recommend?
Generally, size and scope will determine our options. First, we start with the roof so that light, comfort (heating and cooling), lighting, and heating can be considered. Insulated ceiling roof options combined with more verandah options, such as louvers, can often tick these boxes.
Totally Outdoors is not one dimensional with frame materials. We build using a variety of options including aluminum, colorbond, timber and rendered outcomes. It comes down to what the outcome should be and how it blends with your other buildings, such as the main dwelling.
Get Started Today
Contact us to discuss your needs, or come in for a chat at our display centre to explore your options so you can better visualize your dream outcome.
Features at a Glance
- Sleek and Modern Insulated Roofing options to provide superior comfort with high performing insulation
- Genuine Colorbond steel roof and ceiling for durability and easy to clean maintenance with SolarSpan Products
- Bondor Shademaster combining HD COLOR-COTE coating process and high grade steel providing exceptional durable and easy to clean finish
- Able to provide long unsupported span therefore providing many design options not available in conventional roofing products
- Low pitch with from 1degree dependent upon product option chosen
- Multiple wall types plus Australia’s largest range of roof and ceiling colour options
- Design styles including Gable and Skillion (flat) plus sensational detached Freespan Modern Structures
- No condensation is normally applicable to insulted roofs
- High durability with top and bottom sheets coloured steel
- Skylights are available and in some sheets Velux and other skylight can be incorporated.
The options and benefits of considering a full outdoor room are considerable. We list just some of the options and benefits
Insulated Roofing – for climate control, lighting, heating and providing a finished ceiling. Insulated does offer a more alfresco outcome with ability to control cold and heat.
Louvres – perfect when you wish more light options both to the verandah and back into the dwelling plus the ambience of controlled shade.
Full Colorbond – we can offer free span double-sided single skin hi-tensile colorbond sheets with or without skylights.
Aluminium – this versatile product provides a modern sleek outcome. Powder-coated and rust free with exceptional span capacity with style. Bulkheads available
Timber – used less in the outdoor rooms but can be an impressive feature for insulated and louvre roof combinations. We generally prefer to use hardwood timbers for finish and outcome. Bulkheads are available
Rendered Columns and Bulkheads – matching the rendered outcome of your dwelling can be an exceptional option for enhancing your project. Louvres and Insulated are available with this option.
Colourbond Frame – we recommend Victory verandah for frames and this product comes also with insulated and louvre options plus the single skin double-sided coloured roof option. The single skin roof not as applicable to a room option as heat and cold less manageable.
Walls, Windows, Doors, Comfort and Lighting
We offer a variety of wall options to consider
Blinds – to provide protection, light control and flexibility to grow your entertainment area beyond the roof.
Screens – fixed aluminium or colorbond screens, aluminium louvre windows shutters and more. Superior quality and sensational visual appeal and performance
Full walls – finish dependent upon design, location and usage. We have rendered, Colorbond or weatherboard outcomes. If attached to a dwelling generally on partial walled areas can be considered.
Doors – we have the sensational Weatherwell Louvre shutters for windows, fixed, sliding and bi-fold doorways.
Lights – we can organise most types of lighting you need whether downlight, spot or ambient. The options are for you to decide.
Comfort – we can offer proven outdoor heating & fan options to consider so you can use in your room all year round.
We have the experience, options and capacity to make your outdoor room the perfect extension to your home.
- 30 Year Manufacturer Warranty from Victory Home Improvements, Please follow following link Revolution Roofing when your product is using Victory Beams & Frames
- 10-year Manufacturer Warranty. for Ultimate Louvre System. Please follow link from Project Centre Materials Pty Ltd., for more information on aluminium louvres and pins – fully moulded blades offering exceptional durability, strength, fire resistance and performance
- 10-year Manufacturer Warranty from Bondor. Please follow links for SolarSpan & Shademaster Confidence and peace of mind when dealing with an Australian company that has over 60 years’ experience in composite technology
- Colorbond Material Warranties are available against corrosion to perforation by weathering in the natural elements and for COLORBOND® steel also against flake and peel. For more details refer to Colorbond for a warranty and maintenance information
- 2 Year Warranty. We use and recommend Ziptrack Blinds system follow link to Ziptrack Blinds site for warranty and maintenance information
- 10 Year Warranty. We use and recommend HVG fabrics for our blind materials follow link to HVG site
- Louvre Electrical Controllers, Remotes and Sensors by Techome please follow following link to Techome for various warranty relating to their products
We are very aware that clients want their projects built as quickly as possible once they decide to go ahead. Certainly, the staff at Totally Outdoors undertake to do their best to make the period from contract to completion as smooth and prompt as possible.
Under normal circumstances project lead-time from deposit and stage payments paid, when requested, to installation start date is between 10 – 12 weeks to allow for preparation of (1) plans, application for standard (2) building permits, material order and delivery and start of installation.
General Notes & Reminders:
There is a min 5 working days “cooling off period” from signing of any initial agreement and deposit paid prior to a builder being allowed by law to incur any costs or commencing any works related to a building agreement.
(1) Clients are required to supply complete current house plans for their site for plan process to begin. These can be obtained from their local council with standard lead time from 1 – 2 weeks. Obtaining your plans early will assist with our process.
(2) Standard Plan & Permit service as included most installed quotations unless otherwise noted. – (Refer DIY section for Kit only sales procedures)
(3) Council & Government Applications – Applications for approvals from council including Town Planning, Report & Consent or Fire Modifications can add minimum 5 to 14 weeks dependent upon application type, number required and council response timeframes. These “permit delays” are extra to our normal process times applications, when required, so planning ahead to allow for this extra time is recommended. Totally Outdoors generally undertaken these applications for our clients when required. Extra costs do apply to these applications and fee’s incurred. We do not and cannot guarantee outcomes for all applications, so we always suggest discussing your proposed requirements direct with your council prior to engaging a builder.