Learn From The Experts
DO IT YOURSELF PROJECTS
If you’re considering building your Verandah or Pergola project yourself, why not ask the experts what to use and utilise our resources to supply your material needs. As a distributor for Victory Patio, Verandah and Carports, we can configure your DIY Verandah or DIY Carport kit. Our Fixed Roof Colorbond Steel “Do it yourself Kits” takes the hassle out for building. Our kits are made to measure and cut to size where it counts.
Our kits are made for your project specifically in size and colours required perfect for ensuring you get what you need to make the project succeed. As we know there can be a variation on-site, there’s some latitude for you to trim post length, flashing, gutters, downpipe and gable infill (if included) to the exact size you require on-site. The kit includes custom sizes, angle cuts, punched beams, and sheets cut to length so you can get what fits your needs.
Add On Projects Include:
The Victory Fencing range provides a variety of fencing options all made from Australian Made, Australian Owned Nexteel™ Steel.
Our True Oak Superior Corrugated panel fencing provides greater strength and laps better than shallow corrugated due to the deeper rounder curve.
Or choose from our Stockade Slat Fencing range. Whatever the size of the fence you need, we can guarantee to create you the perfect steel slat system with standard slat sizes and custom gap widths to provide even spacing. Stockade can even be used as infills for a gable verandah, patio or carport, featured within a brick wall, used as a screen, or even as an extension to your panel fence. Engineered for simplicity and sleek design, Stockade is the perfect option.
Get Started Today
Contact us to discuss your needs, or come in for a chat at our display centre to explore your options so you can better visualize your dream outcome.
To establish your width, measure from Fascia (or wall) to the width you desire.
Measure the length along the dwelling, which the verandah will fasten to.
Measure from the top of gutter (dwelling) to ground (or concrete) or if freestanding to top of your side beam height (remember most councils have a maximum average within 1000mm of boundary of 3.2 meter).
Kits can have either stirrups for attachment to existing 100mm concrete reinforced slab or in-ground connectors. Please advise your surface. Note for example: Centenary posts for in ground connection have a stirrups to provide increased ground contact durability
All kits offered assume that the project is coming from the fascia or wall of the dwelling. Advise us if you’re coming from metal fascia, masonry wall or timber fascia as this can change attachments included in your kit. If coming from some other attachment you will need to advise us so the right attachment fitting is considered. Some price variation can apply to some attachment methods.
Taking Measurements for Your Kit
Yes, for all Melbourne deliveries we can supply our full roofing option
Yes, within reason there are small variations although sheet, beams have been cut to size and angle cut and punched as applicable to project. Many brackets also made to your requirements and design. Some items such as flashing, downpipes, posts and gable infills (if applicable) etc., have some latitude to trim to size which needed on site to ensure successful installation. If unsure what a kit means please discuss your specific kit with us at time of enquiry to ensure your needs will be met as clearly some items need to have room for variation and some don’t provide that outcome.
Initially rough measurements will be enough to provide an estimated cost of materials If you need us to inspect your site and take final measurements this service can be arranged (generally site inspection and measurement services cost $275).
Yes your Manufacturers Warranties are valid if you follow manufacturers recommended installation details and recommendation.
We have Display Centres in Hallam and Oakleigh.
Yes, ask us we can help as most projects will require a Building Permit. We generally suggest The Project Centre specialists and should be able to assist with all your plans and permit requirements.
“Do it yourself Projects” we can provide assistance when planning your project, manufacturers engineering, assistance with permits, arranging delivery’s etc., but for real “Do it yourself” project’s require you to complete the building works from start to finish. If you decide to get us to build we will be happy to provide an installed quotation with all our standard services provided. Victory projects come with advice on installing their kits.
Features at a Glance
- Up to 30-year Structural Warranty
- Available in attached or freestanding designs
- Larger spans to accommodate your needs
- Large variety of roof and gutter profiles available
- High gloss beams and posts give low maintenance stylish appearances
- Multiple roof options including – Double-sided Colorbond, Insulated and Louvre Roofs
- Multiple frame options including – Victory products (including all roof options) or powder coated beams and posts for insulated and louvre options (note: aluminium options are not cut to size)
- Assistance with arranging permits
- Engineering is provided with Victory Projects
- Proven Australian Made products from leading suppliers
- Projects can be supplied as a kit (Victory Projects are cut to size with beams pre-punched and angled cut)
- Melbourne Metro – experienced consultants to provide on-site design assistance to measure and configure your project order requirements (fee’s do apply)
- 40 Years’ experience in assisting clients with their “Do It Yourself” projects
- Display Centres to provide you a visual and technical outcomes
All our steel products carry full manufacturer’s warranties plus builder’s warranties when installed by authorised distributor Totally Outdoors. All installed project will include Building Permits (1) and Home Owners Warranty Insurance (2) to ensure your peace of mind.
Dependent upon product option chosen will attract applicable manufacturer’s warranty applicable if installed per manufacturers engineering and installation requirements.
- 30 Year Manufacturer Warranty from Revolution Roofing when using Victory Beams & Frames
- 10-year Manufacturer Warranty from Project Centre Materials Pty Ltd., aluminium louvres and pins – fully moulded blades offering exceptional durability, strength, fire resistance and performance
- 10-year Manufacturer Warranty from Bondor for SolarSpan. Confidence and peace of mind when dealing with an Australian company that has over 40 years’ experience in composite technology
- Colorbond Material Warranties are available against corrosion to perforation by weathering in the natural elements and for COLORBOND® steel also against flake and peel. For more details, such as whether a warranty is available via colorbond relevant product section of there website
- Building Permits required for all roofed projects attached to dwelling or freestanding above 10m2
- Home Owners Warranty Insurance for projects exceeding $16,000.
We are very aware that clients want their projects built quickly as possible once they decide to go ahead. Certainly, all the Staff at Totally Outdoors undertake to do their best to make the period from contract to completion as smooth and prompt as possible.
Under normal circumstances project lead-time from deposit and stage payments paid, when requested, to installation start date is between 7 – 8 weeks to allow for preparation of (1) plans, application for standard (2) building permits, material order and delivery and start of installation.
General Notes & Reminders:
There is a min 7 days “cooling off period” required by law from signing of any agreement and deposit paid prior to a builder being allowed by law to incur any costs or commencing any works related to a building agreement.
(1) Clients are required to supply house plans for their site for plan process to begin. These can be obtained from their local council with standard lead time from 1 – 2 weeks. Obtaining your plans early will assist with our process.
(2) Standard Plan & permit service as included in all installed quotations unless otherwise noted. – (Refer DIY section for Kit only sales procedures)