Tropical Verandah Ideas for Melbourne
Tropical Verandah Ideas for Melbourne are popular if you have recently come back from a vacation in a tropical resort, then you’ve probably daydreamed of being back on holiday on a resort, surrounded by tropical plants and the serene flow of water. What if we told you that you could perfectly recreate that feeling of a resort right in your backyard? Life would be so much fun if stepping into your outdoor living area would feel like you were on holidays again. Tropical Verandah ideas are popular for Melbourne Outdoor Living.
Outdoor living, full of luxury
A stunning new Melbourne patio can have an enhanced look with Totally Outdoors’ tips on how to create a tropical-style outdoor living resort:
- Create a flow from the inside to the outside. It should align together in terms of the overall theme, colour, and styling.
- Consider updating your furniture. Plastic and old-style furniture generally doesn’t invoke a tropical feel. Furniture that features materials such as timber, wicker, canvas and waterproof fabrics is more apt to do the trick. A visit to your local hardware or outdoor living furniture store will leave you full of ideas.
- If space allows, have an outdoor living lounge suite or deck chairs to relax on, as well as a table and chairs for dining.
- There are plenty of other products you can add that will help you recreate the resort feel. Here we are talking about products such as decorative fence panels and privacy screens, and garden lighting.
- A water feature of some kind is virtually a must. It doesn’t need to be large, although if you have the space and a few extra coins, a water wall or similar feature will be a great investment.
- The plants you choose in the garden area surrounding your outdoor living room are very important. Think tropical plants, such as palms, ferns and bromeliads. There are always plenty of tropical-look plants that will be suitable for your environment and your local nursery will always be able to help.
- For the final touches, don’t forget to add some cushions and ornaments.
Of course, if you don’t have an outdoor structure or your existing structure is lacking, the best place to start when creating a resort-style outdoor living area is by designing and building a new patio or pergola. Totally Outdoors has an outdoor living centre Melbourne Display that you are welcome to visit. Our Hallam outdoor display centre will give you ideas to transform your Melbourne backyard into your favourite tropical resort style patio or verandah. Give Totally Outdoors a call on (03) 9704 4900 and we’ll organise a time to discuss your project, and provide a free quote!.