If you have recently come back from a vacation in a tropical resort, then you’ve probably daydreamed of being back on holiday on a resort, surrounded by
tropical plants and the serene flow of water. What if we told you that you could perfectly recreate that feeling of a resort right in your backyard?
Life would be so much fun if stepping into your outdoor living area would feel like you were on holidays again.
Outdoor living, full of luxury
A stunning new patio can have an enhanced look with Totally Outdoors’ tips on how to create a tropical-style outdoor living resort:
- Create a flow from the inside to the outside. It should align together in terms of the overall theme, colour, and styling.
- Consider updating your furniture. Plastic and old-style furniture generally doesn’t invoke a tropical feel. Furniture that features materials such
as timber, wicker, canvas and waterproof fabrics is more apt to do the trick. A visit to your local hardware or outdoor living furniture store
will leave you full of ideas.
- If space allows, have an outdoor living lounge suite or deck chairs to relax on, as well as a table and chairs for dining.
- There are plenty of other products you can add that will help you recreate the resort feel. Here we are talking about products such as decorative
fence panels and privacy screens, and garden lighting.
- A water feature of some kind is virtually a must. It doesn’t need to be large, although if you have the space and a few extra coins, a water wall
or similar feature will be a great investment.
- The plants you choose in the garden area surrounding your outdoor living room are very important. Think tropical plants, such as palms, ferns and
bromeliads. There are always plenty of tropical-look plants that will be suitable for your environment and your local nursery will always be
able to help.
- For the final touches, don’t forget to add some cushions and ornaments.
Of course, if you don’t have an outdoor structure or your existing structure is lacking, the best place to start when creating a resort-style outdoor
living area is by designing and building a new patio or pergola. Give Totally Outdoors a call on (03) 9704 4900 and we’ll organise a time to discuss
your project, and provide a free quote!.